MIDWAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL VISION
The vision of Midway Elementary School is for students to become self-directed, life-long learners who are responsible thinkers, collaborative workers, and productive citizens for the 21st century.
MIDWAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MISSION
The mission of Midway Elementary School is to create a safe and nurturing learning environment, in collaboration with our community, which fosters the total development of every child.
MIDWAY ELEMENTARY BELIEFS:
- Learning environment that advocates for the personal physical and emotional safety and diversity of all participants.
- Outcome-based learning activities that balance collaboration, personal choice, risk-taking, and independent work within the curriculum standards.
- Differentiated instruction that maintains high expectations while respecting the individual differences of learners.
- Active collaboration with all stakeholders (i.e., students, parents, staff, community members, secondary education, higher education, etc.).
- Learning activities that focus on developing 21st Century Skills for Global Citizenship (i.e., accountability, adaptability, creativity, integrity, problem-solving, productivity, reflective listening, resiliency, self-direction).